When Bridgecrew is connected to Version Control Systems and CI/CD platforms, every scan generates a fully contextualized Code Review scan result.
In GitHub, for example, opening the Details of these checks takes you to the Bridgecrew Code Review screen in a new tab.
See below for information on:
- Understanding the Code Review Page
- Taking Action from the Code Review Page
The top of the Code Review screen displays:
- Run number and Check Status
- Check details - for example, Scanned changes in 13 resources, for compliance with 6 relevant infrastructure configuration policies. 13 errors were found.
- Number of errors, out of total, that have been handled - i.e., Remediated, Suppressed, etc.
- PR Source and Destination branches
- PR ID
- Commit ID, ID of Commit user who opened the PR
- Time of run
The Code Review page has entries for each scanned file.
The colored row at the bottom shows a description of the Policy and its Severity.
Press the colored bar to see:
- Description and Rationale
- Benchmarks Affected
The body of the file information shows the details of the code and the proposed fix.
An option to automatically Fix or Remediate appears for most errors.
See also Manual Fix below.
- Press FIX. COMPLETED will appear at the top right.
- Press SUBMIT . This triggers a new build.
In some cases, no automated Fix is available, but you will see an option for Fix Manually.
To read the explanation and procedure for Manual Remediation of this error, press More and then Full Guidelines. A new tab opens.
To open GitHub/Bitbucket in order to implement the Manual Fix, press FIX MANUALLY.
Updated 17 days ago