Amazon EKS creates an endpoint for any managed Kubernetes API server to communicate with the cluster. This API server endpoint is public to the internet by default. Access to it should be regulated using AWS IAM and native Kubernetes RBAC.
We recommended that your Kubernetes API server remains private so that all communication between worker nodes and APIs stays within your VPC. If public access is needed, restrict the IP addresses that can access your API server from the internet to reduce the potential attack surface.
- Log in to the AWS Management Console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/.
- Open the Amazon EKS console.
- Choose the name of the cluster to display your cluster information.
- Under Networking, click Update.
- For Private access, disable private access for your cluster's Kubernetes API server endpoint. You must enable private access to disable public access.
Updated 2 months ago